When are we going to come back for worship?
For many, that has been the lingering question throughout this ordeal. When will we be able to see each other again? When can we finally come back to church? The good news is, after consideration by the leadership of KBC, this coming Sunday, May 31st is the day.
Certainly, worship will look a bit different, and we’ll need your help to ensure the safety of all in attendance. In preparation for resuming worship in person, there are the guidelines that have been drawn up to provide a safe and healthy atmosphere:
- Worship will be conducted in the Family Life Center for social distancing purposes. Families are welcome to sit together, and the chairs have been spaced accordingly.
- If you exhibit any respiratory symptoms (excessive coughing) or fever above 100.4, we ask that you refrain from attending for the safety of others.
- For the time being, we must refrain from Sunday School, Kidz Church, nursery care, and Fellowship Greeting as they cannot be conducted in accordance with social distancing regulations. For those who’ve been able to conduct their classes online, you’re encouraged to continue.
- The side entrance (alleyway door) will be our only entrance into the building. That door will be open at 10:45 AM for those wishing to attend.
- Masks will be mandatory for the duration of the service. You are welcome to bring your own, or one can be supplied to you.
- Sanitation stations will be available, and we ask that you make use of them upon entering the building.
- Offering will be collected in the drop box on the front door of the Education Building. For any wishing to contribute, you can deposit your offering either prior to or after the service.
- Pastoral care will continue to be conducted via phone or email.
- Because this is going to be a new normal in a new worship setting, we encourage you to come to worship dressed comfortably.
Each week, our worship space will be sanitized with special attention to high contacts areas (chairs, doorknobs, push-bars, railings, etc.). Therefore, to preserve the safety of our worship space, the FLC will remain closed throughout the week for personal use.
As you can see, worship will look a bit different, and we look forward to the opportunity to worship together again. It takes all of us working together to follow these guidelines to keep our worship safe during this time. For those who wish to continue with virtual worship, we will still provide the same worship opportunities you’re accustomed to through our Facebook and YouTube pages, and Spectrum channels 1301/1304.
–Rev. Trent Sessoms
Senior Pastor, Knightdale Baptist Church
9:15 AM Koffee Before Church
9:45 AM Sunday School
11:00 AM Worship Service
6:30 PM Encounter Worship Service
7:30 PM Choir Practice
15 Main Street
Knightdale, NC 27545